1 Red Onion - sliced
2 Limes - juiced
2 Corn Cobs
4 Radish -sliced
1 cup Coriander -finely chopped
50 g Butter
1 tsp Paprika
2 Eye Fillet Steak
qs Salt & Pepper to season
1. Slice the red onions and toss in with the lime juice and sugar. Set aside.
2. Heat a frying pan with some butter and fry the corn cobs until they are slightly charred. Transfer into a bowl to cool.
3. Pat the steak dry with a paper towel or ideally place them on a plate over a paper towel, wrap and store in the fridge to slightly dry out the night before.
Pound the steak with a rolling pin to tenderise the steak and ensuring that they are even in thickness.
4. Pre heat a frying pan until it starts to smoke. Brush both sides of the steak with some oil then cook the steak, turning every 1 minutes until both sides are deep golden in colour. Cook to your likeness. (I like to cook my steak to 55°C).
Set the steak aside to rest while you prepare the butter.
5. With the heat turned off and still really hot, place the butter into the hot pan and continue to cook to create a beurre noisette, where it starts to turn light golden in color and smells nutty.
Toss in the paprika.
6. slice the cooled corn cobs to remove the kernels. Toss the corns, sliced radishes, diced avocados and coriander into the picked onions.
7. Season the beef with salt and pepper then slice and plate with the pickled onion salad.
Finish with drizzles of paprika beurre noisette.
Serve and Enjoy!