This recipe make 6 x medium gozlemes or 3 large gozlemes
250 g Tipo 00 Flour or Plain Flour
50 g Whole meal plain flour
80 g Greek Yoghurt
40 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
85 g Water
Spinach and Feta Filling
60 g Pine nuts
4 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
250 g Spinach
2 tbsp. Minced Garlic
Qs. Salt to taste
Qs. Pepper to taste
120 g Feta - crumbled
180 g Mozzarella cheese
The fillings is enough to divide among 6 medium gozlemes
1. To make the dough, mix all the ingredients together streaming in the water last as you mix until they come in to a rough dough. Transfer onto your workbench and knead until smooth without dusting any flour.
Shape the dough into a smooth ball then transfer onto a bowl. Cover to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. While the dough is resting, proceed to preparing the fillings.
Start by crumbling the feta cheese and set aside. In a large frying pan, drizzle the olive oil and heat the pan over medium heat. Toss in the pine nuts until they become toasted then add in the minced garlic and stir in the spinach. Toss the ingredients until the spinach starts to soften. Season with pepper and salt to taste. Set aside until ready to use.
3. Once the dough have rested, roll the dough out in to an even log and portion the dough in to six equal portion. With each portion, roll it out as thin as possible (around 20 cm by 20 cm squares).
Divide the spinach filling and sprinkle feta and mozzarella cheese on top leaving some space on all four corners. Fold the four sides to the centre in to a parcel.
Gently flatten the gozleme with your hand or rolling pin in to a slightly larger and thinner parcel.
4. Re heat the frying pan with some oil and pan fry the gozlemes until both side starts to turn golden brown in colour.
5. Serve hot with yoghurt and lemon.