Updated: Feb 7
Yield: 1 x 18cm square diameter (2cm height) Tart
SWEET SHORT CRUST PASTRY (TART SHELL)
115 g Unsalted Butter
2 g Salt
80 g Icing Sugar
25 g Almond Flour
35 g Corn Flour
50 g Egg (1 medium egg)
190 g Plain Flour
120 g Raspberry Puree
80 g Caster Sugar
3 g Pectin NH
7g Lemon juice
40 g Unsalted Butter
40 g Icing Sugar
40 g Almond meal
40 g Eggs
3 punnets raspberries (Approximately 375g) plus some extras for the frangipane filling.
Neutral Glaze (Optional)
FOR THE SHORTCRUST PASTRY
1. Cream the cold but pliable butter, salt and icing sugar until smooth.
2. Place the corn flour, almond meal and plain flour into a separate bowl and mix to combined.
3. Add in 1 - 2 spoonful of the mixed dry ingredients into the butter mixture followed by the egg and mix until smooth and well incorporated.
Continue to add in the rest of the dry ingredients in 2 - 3 inclusions until the mixture start to form in to a dough.
4. Lightly dust the bench with some flour then transfer the pastry over. Gently knead the dough until smooth. Flatten to a square and wrap in cling wrap. Place the pastry into the fridge to rest for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
Once rested, Pre heat the oven to 175C.
5. Roll the dough to approximately 4-5 mm in thickness then cut a disc with approximately 2 cm excess around. Line it over the tart ring with some excess pastry overhanging the rim. Place the lined tart case into the fridge to rest for 20 minutes.
6. When ready to bake, trim off the excess pastry around the rim of the tart ring, place an oven proof cling film over the tart case and fill it with baking rice all the way up to the top. Loosely wrap the cling film over the rice.
7. Place the baking rice over the cling film inside the tart shell and par bake the tart shell in the pre heated oven for 20 minutes.
8. Remove the baking rice and leave the tart shell to cool and proceed to the next step.
FOR THE FRANGIPANE
9. To make the frangipane, cream the butter and sugar together until well combined then add in the eggs a little at a time followed by the almond meal. Pipe the frangipane into the par baked tart and top with some raspberries.
Bake in the preheated oven at 180 for 10 - 15 minutes until it is firm to touch. Leave to cool completely.
FOR THE RASPBERRY CONFIT
10. Mix sugar & pectin.
11. Heat the raspberry, lemon juice until it starts to boil.
Once it starts to boil, sprinkle in the pectin/sugar mixture gradually while constantly whisking the liquid.
Continue to whisk over low heat for another minute then remove the confit from the heat before applying onto the tart.
3 punnets Fresh Raspberry
Spread the raspberry confit on top of the baked and cooled frangipane.
Line the fresh raspberries on top. Glaze with neutral glaze (optional) or alternatively dust with icing sugar.