Hot Chocolate Soufflé with Cardamom Spiced Apricot Caramel Sauce
Updated: May 6, 2020
Chocolate Apricot Souffle with Cardamom infused Caramel
Makes 4 x Souffles
Chocolate Souffle with Apricot
Bread Flour 23g
Madagascar Dark Chocolate 70% 66g
Egg Yolks 40g
Egg Whites 100g
Sugar (for Meringue) 35g
1. Butter Ramekin and coat the inside with sugar, place cubed fresh apricot (5 pieces at the bottom of the ramekin)
2. Rub flour, salt and butter together.
3. Heat Milk and sugar to a boil, the add in the flour mix and keep cooking until thickens to make a roux.
4. Pour on to the chocolate and mix until well combine, set aside to cool slightly, then add in the yolks and mix to combine
5. Whip egg whites to a soft peak, gradually adding in sugar while whisking.
6. Gently fold in meringue in to souffle base, first lightening the base with 1/3 meringue before incorporating the rest.
7. Fill souffle ramekin all the way to the top, scrap off excess and wipe the edges.
8. Bake at 180°C for approximately 15 to 17 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, Dust with icing sugar, pipe in spiced apricot caramel in the centre.
Spiced Apricot Caramel Sauce
Castor Sugar 250 g
Apricot puree 170 g
Cream 35% Fat 50 ml
Cardamom seeds 2 pods
Butter 15 g
Grand Marnier ¼ teaspoon
1. Infuse cardamom in apricot puree. Strain.
2. Heat Apricot Puree and cream
3. Dry caramel sugar, deglaze with hot puree and cream
4. Remove from heat, stir in butter then add in grand marnier.