Updated: Oct 30
I have made puff pastries at home so many times and incredibly enough, I never came around to making cheese sticks with them. Since I have quite a few rolls of the pastry at home on standby, I thought this would be the weekend for it.
In this recipe, I am using the traditional puff pastry that you can click on the link to check out on how to make them. Alternatively, you can use store bought puff pastry.
550 g Puff pastry
qs. Parmigiano Regiano Cheese
qs. Grada Padano Cheese
qs. Sea salt flakes.
1. Roll homemade puff pastry to 3 mm in thickness to approximately 35cm in length.
2. Brush the top of the sheeted puff with some olive oil, sprinkle with paprika then grate a generous amount of cheeses on top. Sprinkle with sea salt flats.
3. Roll a rolling pin over to press the toppings on to the dough. Cut out 3 cm thick strips then twist each strips before placing them onto a baking paper lined with baking paper leaving some gap in between strips.
4. Bake in the preheated oven at 200C for 12 - 15 minutes or until you get a golden color to the puff sticks.
5. Remove the cheese sticks from the oven and while they are still hot, grate more on cheese on top.