Tools: Medium half dome mould, piping pin, tear drop piping tip
Egg Whites 3 eggs/ 90 g
Caster Sugar 135 g
Cornflour 1 Teaspoon
Bake at 90°C for 3 hour or more to dry out/ dehydrate overnight.
Chestnut Puree 250 g
Vanilla bean 1 pod
Cream 45 g
1. Infuse vanilla with cream and bring to boil.
2. Strain cream on chestnut paste, then beat with electric mixer until well combined.
3. Transfer chestnut cream in to piping bag for assembly with a mont blanc piping tip.
Chestnut Cocoa Crumble
Wholemeal Spelt Flour 240 g
Chestnut Flour 200g
Cane Sugar 40g
Cacao Powder 40 g
Baking Soda 2 g
Salt 4 g
Blackcurrant puree 115g
Castor sugar(a) 18g
Apple Pectin 5g
Castor sugar (b) 80g
2.5 g (water) + 2.5g (Citric Acid)
1. Bring puree, water and sugar (a) to boil.
2. Mix Sugar (b), dextrose, and Apple pectin.
3. Add in sugar mix (b) in to the puree and keep cooking until it reaches 105°C.
4. Turn off heat and whisk in Tartaric Acid mixture.
5. Pour on to tray to cool and set.
6. Once the confit has set, transfer into a jug and stick blend until smooth. Transfer in to a pastry bag and set aside until ready to use.
Lemon & Blackcurrant Bavarois
Cream 140 g
Egg Yolks 40 g
Gelatine Leaves p 95 g
Gelatine Leaves 3 g
Lemon Zest 1 Lemon
1. Make custard with blackcurrant puree, sugar and egg yolks (85°C)
2. Stir in softened gelatine sheets and leave mixture to cool to 24°C.
3. Soft whip the cream and fold in to the custard base, pipe in to individual moulds and leave in freezer to set until ready to assemble.
4. Reserve 100 g for Cassis Vanilla Mascarpone Chantilly.
Cassis Vanilla Mascarpone Chantilly
Cream 35% 250 g
Mascarpone 70 g
Vanilla Bean paste 5 g
Cassis Bavarois Base 100 g
1. Whisk all ingredients to piping consistency. Pipe rosette and leave in fridge to set before assembly.
2. Place frozen Cassis Bavarois in the centre of the flower pin. Pipe florette around the Bavarois with the Chantilly Cream.